—– Forwarded Message —-
From: Radha Rajan <>
Sent: Thu, March 18, 2010 10:12:06 PM
Subject: My response to Malhotra’s baffling exposition
Shri Rajiv Malhotra, namaskar. I have read your exposition very attentively. You have packaged every subversive argument in a intellectual wrapping. My serious reservations to your explanation/defence are as follows –
1. Yours is a motivated defence not of Nityananda but of Swami Dayananda Saraswati. It takes a person of political sense to understand a political game.
2. The rules for the international agenda for politics of religion have been framed by the White Church and White Christian nations with their pan-national coercive instruments of control like the UN, IMF, sundry human rights organizations, ICJ etc etc . the US state dept altho a government body is an intrusive mechanism with an international agenda holding itself on par to the UN.
3. Islam (like Mayawati) refuses to play by the rules formed by opponents and enemies but will use the game to further its own agenda. So muslims have no ropblems with Hindu initatives like the foolish inetr-faith dialogues; they will dilute every hard-core hindu position and strengthen themselves.
4. Hindus are the world’s prize idiots and the willing minions of white christianity and white nations. This servility to white christians is being thrust upon Hindus on Hindu bhumi by a section of NRIs and PIOs with globe-trotting sanyasis being the intermediaries.
5. I have attacked the Chennai clique for its crafty and foresighted planting of Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Convener HDAS.
6. The Chennai clique masterminded the creation of GFCH with all the usual suspects as founder-patrons and trustees.
7. The idea was to use Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Converner HDAS to fulfill the white christian agenda thru the instrument of the GFCH.
8. What is the white christian agaenda? It is –
To de-link Hindu dharma from the bhumi and make it territorially global
To de-link Hindu dharma from its nationality and make it racially global – canadian hindu, american hindu, australian hindu
In effect make Hindu dharma as global in character as the Abrahamic faiths so that Hindus will use the arguments of Hinduism not being confined to national borders or to one people. This will lay us wide open for both violent and non-violent invasion and occupation.
Use this growing globalization of Hinduism to weaken our counter-arguments against the white church and allowing sialm and the church to make irreversibler inroads into Hindu bhumi and Hindu people.
9. It is important for Swami Dayananda to be protected from the infamy that has been brought upon GFCH because of Nityananda.
10. Swami Dayananda has to be protected not for the sake of GFCH but for HDAS. It is a calibrated response but that is what you are aiming for Sir, you and your partners.
11. You knew I had zeroed in on the fact that Nityananda’s disciples did not, could not go to court against Sun TV because it was Nitayananda in the video and you knew I had the most potent argument.
12. You alsso knew that sandhya Jain and I had seen thru the GFCh. its undesirable link to HDAS thru Swami Dayanandaji, the terrible inter-faith dialogues and resolutions detrimental to Hindus on this bhumi, and you knew we had to be silenced and Swami Daynandaji protected. swami dayananda and the Chennai clique did marginalise me from all intellectual activities but they did not succeed in silencing me. They did the same to Sandhya Jain too. that is when both of us began to ask, what is ti that the Chennai clique and Swamji want to do that they cannot have Sandhya and me with them in any forum?
13. This intellectual, half-intelligent defence of Nitayananda is to protect this grand international edifice which had been built up with a section of comlicit hindus, overseas hindus and globe-trotting sanayasis like Swami dayananda Saraswati, Sri Sri, this new sanyasi on the block Chidananda saraswati. Nityananda and others
14. Your exposition is not objective at all although it pretends to be so. It is a desperate and last -diotch attempt to protect the link between the GFCH and HDAS.
15. I will make just one observation which should nail your exposition for its motivated intellectualism. Tantric practices are a part of Hindu vedic rituals and even tradition. But this is only a part of it and for good reasons kept under wraps and not made mainstream because it is subject to abuse, and misuse leading to destruction.
16. Venerable acharyas with siddhis would never exhibit their metaphysical and paranormal capabilities because they knew of the inherent danger of multitudes thronging to them not out of bhakti but to experience vicariously the paranormal for self-interest.
17. Pujya Shri Satya Saibaba is the best example for the dangers of exhibiting it and the Kanchi paramacharya and others keeping it veiled from the bhaktas. The only thing that would be whispered was that this or that swami was trikala darshi.
18. Sanyasis who had masterd tantric rituals if they lived in society as acharyas and gurus would marginalise their tantric capabilites and live as benevolent acharyas for their bhaktas. Practioners of tantric hindusim however could only practise it in the depths of forests and in regions remote from human habitation. For very good reasons I may add.
19. Nityananda perverted a well-established practise of separating his responsibilites as guru for ordinary hindu bhaktas and his tantric practises when he used his ashrams for both. And Shri Malhotra the argument that Einstein’s scientific arguments would be just as true even if he were immoral is in itself an immoral argument. A Guru or an acharya cannot be fragmented. he is whole. His practises cannot be de-linked from dharma which is also morality. Even Tantric practices have a moral quotient and it is understood that these rituals will be used by those undertaking them, only for the larger good and for beneficial purposes.
20. Notyananda perverted guru and acharya dharma and its principles only because he did not come from any reputed lineage and claims swayambhu status. he lacked the rigorous discipline of the mind and body to be an acharya or guru for ordinary hindus.
21. His wilful failure to separate his acharya status from that of practioner of tantric hindusim was aggravated by his penchant for globe trotting and for foreign bhaktas esp white bhaktas who always seek the sensational in non-christian religions. first they ran after the shamans of native americans, then it was those like osho and now they are running ebhind these new-age gurus with a taste for foreign money and white bhaktas. the next best thing to white bhaktas is overseas hindu bhaktas with a foreign accent and foreign money.
22. Your intellectual defence of Nitayananda is flawed on this ground alone – a Guru who cares for his bhaktas does not mix up his responsibilites as Guru with his tantric practices. You sir have made it possible for this knave to compare himself to Adi sankara while the truth may be closer to his being half Gandhi and half Jiddu krishnamurti.
23. You have proved all my apprehensions about vested interests interfering in the affairs of HDAs by your own admission that you spoke to HDAs to take over the asshram and the assets of Nityananda’s ashram. When you say you spoke to HDAS I am sure you mean you spoke to Swami dayanandaji or his secretariat. And this is how, by speaking to only theConvener to whom a powerful section of NRIs and PIOs are close, that the HDAS has been derailed. It is for this reason alone that I have strong reservations about Swami Dayananda Saraswati continuing as Convener HDAS
Respected all, I am sounding a warning to everyone on this list. Two days ago a video purportedly shot by an American of Indian origin in an interview with Nityananda was sent across to several email groups that this was an interview by an ’eminent researcher’ with the gratuitous and completely unwarranted iinterpretation that this interview someohow proved Nityananda’s innocence.
What was sought to be achieved was that if this ’eminent researcher’ could hotfoot it to Delhi and interview Nityananda, it must set to rest all troubling questions.
What to me is completely unacceptable is that people who are themselves wearing the saffron robes and at least one eminent scholar with no political or common sense are actually participating in an unsavory episode.
The Chennai police Commissioner and the Karnataka government have taken the entire unfortunate set of videos very seriously and have signalled publicly that they would like to interrogate Nityananda.
Nityananda today is not running away from the law, but he has certainly disappeared and has put himself away from the clutches of the law. He has left his disciples high and dry, in mourning and in total bewilderment. He has also left it to some of his Bangalore disciples to face the law and the media. This is NOT the behavior of a leader, certainly not a religious leader who flaunts his foreign bhaktas across several countries as his usp.
Before raising other questions, I would like to know how an American of Indian origin could access a man whom the police want to interrogate? This is alarmingly like Veerappan giving interviews to Nakkeeran while evading the law. This too is no less.
Fir such a video, shot at a time when the police is looking for him is in completely bad taste and for people to send it across to email groups to mobilise public opinion for Nityananda smacks of some kind of base intent. This is beginning to look increasingly not about Nityananda but about GFCH.
Nityananda is NOT the victim of state power. He has been targetted by a serious TV news channel which while it may be anti-Hindu, is NOT given to tabloid reportage.
Sun TV like the Tamil daily Dinakaran is owned by the Maran brothers. The Maran brothers are certainly not sleazy whatver else they may be and TN Chief Minister is certainly not after Nityananda’s scalp.
Under these circumstances the first thing that any of Nityananda’s bhaktas ought to ahve done is to file a case in the Madras High Court against Sun TV and Dinakaran, for defamation of character. BUT THIS HAS NOT BeEN DONE SO FAR, EVEN TEN DAYS AFTER THE SCANDAL HIT THE STREETS.
This means something to me.
All that was done was to approach the courts with the plea that the explicit sex videos must be withdrawn from the internet and these photographs must not be printed in newspapers.
If Nityananda’s disciples could go to the court prompt;y to get this done, surely they could have slapped a defamation case against Sun TV too which would have compelled the copurts to issue notice to Sun TV to produce the videos which would then have been subjected to Forensics to establish their genuineness or otherwise.
To not even ask the most fundamental questions but instead to ask small people to defend Nityananda until the big man steps in to shoot his video is not funny.
And that is why I think there is more to this frenzied attempts to get small people to defend Nityananda instead of any of the big names speaking even a word on this issue.
This eminent researcher video demonstrates that vested interests are oerpating here and some of us have to resist this tooth and nail.
It was not for nothing that I exposed the GFCH to be the trojan horse which is controlling the HDAS. That the HDAS actually discussed the book by this emeinet reseracher, that the HDAs actually annoucned inits resolutions that it will use its soon-to-set-up legal cells to fight the wendy doniger book, that the HDAs was used to thank some overseas Hindu body, that the ConvenerHDAS was participating in inter-faith and multi-faith dialogues which is a stated GFCH agenda and not an agenda of the HDAs at all, demonstrates that this group was using Pujya Swamiji for this international Track II religious diplomacy.
The conclusion is that either Pujya Swamiji was being used or that he went along with it knowingly. A group of people at home and another group overseas, all of them Hindus with no close links to any traditional matham, created this multi-religious GFCH for some reason.
the only thing to have emerged so far is that this multi-religious high international dialogues, which is an agenda for this group, has been realized through Pujya Swamiji who is close to all of them and who is also Convener HDAS.
Very serious questions had been raised by me on these issues. This frenzied attempt to drum up support for Nityananda has therefore little to do with him but more to do with protecting Pujya Swamiji. Pujya Swamiji is linked to this person only through GFCH. My guess is the entire edifice of GFCH which had been set up for some very deep reason is shaking now.
This disrepute associated with Nityananda is bound to discredit GFCH and its string-pullers.
The two persons on this list who are making frantic attempts to drum up this support are warned not to do this. Nityananda must offer himself for interrogation, his disciples must file a case against Sun TV for defamation. This case alone will give his disciples a fool-proof opportunity to prove the videos to have been morphed. Until his own disciples, domestic and foreign fail to do so, these two persons on this list must stop taking Hindus on Hindu bhumi to be brain-dead and incapab le of thinking.
More importantly they must stop the following –
Comparing Nityananda’s case with that of the Kanchi matham because this brazen and opportunist. Nityananda is not being persecuted by state power and neither are his disciples. every path is open to all of them to defend themselves.
Play the caste card and circulate the lie that Nityananda is a BC or OBC. He is not. He is a Mudaliar and that is a forward community not that caste is important here. If anything that he doiesnt belong to the brahmin community should weigh in his favour.
Circulate the lie that he is being persecuted because he was doing anti-religious conversion activities. Bull shit!!
Dont insult Pujya Swami Laxmananda’s death with such motivated formulations.
At least one of Pujya Swamiji’s bhaktas is on this list. I beseech you to pl talk to Pujya Swamiji to dismantle the GFCH edifice. If the rest are obdurate and will not do so, Pl persuade Pujya Swamiji to disassociate himself from this organization. As Converner HDAS he has a great responsibility on his shoulders. he must be allowed to fulfill these without letting a handful of people derail him.
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Sandhya Jain
Date: Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Subject: Nityananda videos – testing time for Hindus-Radha Rajan-5 March 2010
To: Swami Devananda Saraswati , Swami Dayananda Saraswati <>, Swami Satyananda Saraswat <>, Srinivasan <>, Sw Jyotirmayananda <>, “R. Venkatanarayanan” , Krishnan B Rangarajan <>, [email protected]
Nityananda videos – testing time for Hindus
5 March 2010
Sanyasis exemplify the purpose of human birth as Hindus – to understand the nature of the self. This knowledge or this understanding reveals to the individual the boundaries and the boundlessness of the self. Sanyasis know the limits of not only the body but also the mind. Paradoxically, it is the limited mind which gives us the sense of limitlessness too, and the sanyasi in saffron robes best represents this stunning paradox.
Knowledge of the self comes with the attendant knowledge of the nature and source of Creation. With this knowledge, which Hindus call para vidya, the individual may choose to live the life of an enlightened householder or grihasta, or may choose to become a sanyasi.
The sanyasi, for his part, may choose to live in society as a guru or acharya or simply as a sanyasi; or he may choose to leave society behind to live the life of a recluse. What distinguishes the enlightened householder from an enlightened sanyasi is the colour of his clothes. The sanyasi dons the saffron robes not for him, but for the rest of us in society. An enlightened man in saffron robes is like a vehicle with a beacon light on top – it is meant to convey something to those who see it.
The sanyasi embodies the quintessential Hindu worldview which demands that a Hindu does not disturb the innate harmony and order in Creation. In short, a sanyasi embodies every Hindu’s journey to fulfill the purpose of human life as understood and articulated by our rishis because, as the opening line of Vivekachudamini puts it pithily, of all births or all existence in Creation, it is rarest of rare to be born a (Hindu) human. A sanyasi is therefore the embodiment of rigorous discipline of mind and body, or perfect order.
A sanyasi is expected, by definition, to live a life that does not pamper the body; and the body by definition is an aggregate of five senses. A sanyasi, the enlightened man in saffron robes, is the exemplar in society who is expected minimally to keep his body under the full control of his mind by tapasya; maximally, he should be seen to have attained the perfect unity and harmony of existence with para vidya.
The sanyasi as the embodiment of the Hindu worldview and as the immediate instrument of the knowledge that is transmitted through the guru–sishya parampara is therefore the highest and most important entity of Hindu dharma.
The videos of Nityananda broadcast by a leading Tamil news channel, at the very least, rendered the sanyasi’s saffron robes meaningless and without purpose. Consensual sex or physical intimacy between two adults behind closed doors is a private affair and violation of that privacy can and must be made punishable under law; but a sanyasi whose saffron robes have a definite meaning in Hindu dharma, and who has chosen to play a role in public life as a sanyasi, cannot claim right of privacy for what is essentially an act that violates sanyasa dharma.
For all those who reposed faith in Nitaynanda’s integrity to sanyasa dharma, these are agonizing days. As bhaktas of Nityananda, there are only two options open to them. If the videos are genuine, then the bhaktas must realize that they are born in a tradition where every institution is subject to inquiry and if called for, repudiation. If the bhaktas are forced to reject Nityananda as Guru, they must return to the traditional mathams and acharyas of their ancestors.
It is just as possible that the videos are compromised and if that is so, it is hoped that these bhaktas will challenge the authenticity of the videos in court and if the videos are proved to have been manipulated or morphed, they should ask for maximum punishment under the law against the news channel which broadcast the videos. This alone will deter future misadventures to malign Hindu dharma. The bhaktas then would not only have won the war to restore the honour of their guru, they would have won a battle for Hindu dharma as a whole.
However, the issue of Nityananda’s videos is only peripheral to the purpose of this column. This column is concerned about the impact of these terrible videos on the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha. Nityananada is one of the Hindu Founders-Patron of the Global Foundation for Civilizational Harmony or GFCH, a body that merits the severest criticism for its stated objectives.
Hindus on Hindu bhumi have to take a collective stand on three issues – demand complete ban on religious conversion to Abrahamic faiths, stop all foreign funds to NGOs and religious institutions, including Hindu institutions, and an autonomous board for administering and overseeing all Hindu temples and Hindu religious institutions.
Hindus on Hindu bhumi are confronting the most menacing threat ever to their survival on this bhumi from the Abrahamic faiths and their respective state power – Islamic and White Christian nations and their governments. The three core concepts of pluralism, freedom of religion and self-determination, imported from Christianity’s contemporary liberal democracy incarnation, define the character of contemporary understanding of nation and good governance.
Hindus have failed to challenge these concepts in any meaningful way in any domestic or international forum and this failure signifies that Hindus in government and Hindu thinkers and leaders either do not realize the end-objective of these concepts or are so compromised that they dare not challenge them.
GFCH exemplifies this Hindu failure to perceive the threats posed by the Abrahamic faiths; if the Hindu Founders-Patron of GFCH understood the nature of the threat they would not have created the forum in the first place with the self-destructive objectives that they flaunt with such élan.
The defining characteristic of all Hindu Founders-Patron of the GFCH, including Nityananda, is that they all have ashrams in several White Christian countries in America and Europe and have overseas NRIs, PIOs, and non-Indians as bhaktas. These sanyasis have accumulated huge assets as immovable property in these countries and their ashrams depend heavily on foreign funds.
If Hindus in India, as a part of their war to protect the Hindu bhumi have to take on the US, the EU and the UN on the issue of religious conversion, foreign funds, the character of this nation and the basis of nationhood, it is legitimate to question whether these sanyasis with foreign bhaktas, foreign funds and assets abroad are in a position to fight this war.
Just as important is the question, what will overseas Hindus do when Hindus at home are fighting the American government on the question of religious conversion and the role of foreign funds in subverting the nation and the role of the UN in facilitating the subversion. And this confrontation is certain to happen. The answer is ‘nothing’. They have done nothing, they can do nothing, and they dare not do anything. More importantly, they will not be allowed to do anything that can shake even a stone in the political and strategic interest edifice that has been put in place by these governments.
The American government has shown repeatedly how it deals with its adversaries – individuals, communities and nations.
And that is why this writer has taken strong exception to the following –
– Swami Dayananda Saraswati as Founder-Patron of GFCH and Convener HDAS forging an undesirable and even potentially dangerous link between the two organizations whose objectives are mutually contradictory
– The growing influence of overseas Hindus – NRIs and PIOs influencing the functioning and purpose of HDAS
– Swami Dayananda Saraswati and unnamed others on his behalf participating in and signing resolutions and agreements at multi-religious meetings which conform to and do not challenge the 3 cardinal liberal Christian political concepts – pluralism, freedom of religion and self-determination
– Swami Dayananda Saraswati while holding the position of Convener HDAS, actively promoting inter-faith dialogue without getting the Abrahamic religions to concede anything in our favour
The HDAS is the highest body of Hindu religious leaders representing ancient sampradayas and lineages. Their constituency is here, on Hindu bhumi. They have to be on the side of their bhaktas when they fight to protect dharma on this bhumi. They cannot be weakened by considerations of foreign bhaktas, foreign funds or assets in foreign lands. Protecting Hindu dharma on this bhumi and protecting assets abroad are two mutually exclusive objectives.
Hindu Dharma Acharyas on this bhumi will have to demand total ban on religious conversion and end the flow of all foreign funds into this country. GFCH, by the very character of its Hindu Founders-Patron, cannot do this; by being linked to the HDAS through Swami Dayananda Saraswati and his bhaktas, the HDAS is similarly disabled.
Nityananda with his foreign funds, foreign bhaktas and foreign ashrams has exposed how this foreign connection can render our religious leaders, in their efforts to attract the young in our societies and foreigners raised on a ‘liberal’ diet, compromise their anushthana or rigorous adherence to rituals which discipline the body and mind. This slackening of discipline renders them vulnerable to penetration and infiltration.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati must therefore either disassociate himself from the GFCH or step down as Convener of the HDAS. This is not a disrespectful proposition as it is being made out to be by thoughtless and/or manipulative Hindus. This demand springs from an unflinching commitment to protect our sanyasis and high religious institutions from infamy and manipulation by our adversaries through the agency of useful idiots.
Hindus who bounce around on email groups working themselves up into phony hysterics because some of us dare place counter-arguments and courageous Hindu nationalist ideas in the public domain, run the risk of diminishing themselves from the high status of useful idiots serving overseas interests to useless idiots at home.
The author is editor, www.vigilonline.com
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Sandhya Jain <>
Date: Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Subject: URGENT from Sandhya Jain
To: M R Venkatesh , Swami Devananda Saraswati , Swami Dayananda Saraswati , Swami Satyananda Saraswat , Srinivasan <>, Sw Jyotirmayananda , “R. Venkatanarayanan” <>, Krishnan B Rangarajan , [email protected], K G Suresh <>, S Gurumurthy <>
Cc: S V Badri <>, Seshadri Chari <>, Ravi Shankar Prasad <>, “Panchjanya, Editor” <>, O P Kohli <>, L K Advani <>, Jaswant Singh <>, Hiren Joshi <>, Balbir Punj <>, Balashankar R <>, Ashutosh Jha <>, Arun Shourie <>, Arun Jaitley <>, Vinay Sahasrabuddhe <>, Radha Rajan <>
3 March 2010
Respected Swami ji’s and dear Sirs
Pranam to you all
I understand that the Swami Nityananda who is the subject of a sex scandal exposed by Sun TV today is a founder member of the Global Foundation for Civilisational Harmony, a body closely intertwined with the Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha. Can you kindly confirm?
Please also tell me the course of action Global Foundation and HDAS intend to take in the light of his entertaining extra curricular activities?
You may all recall that the most officious Gurumurthy ji had, in the wake of the patently false charges against the Kanchi Acharyas, arrogated all kinds of powers and authorities to himself in the name of deceased Shankaracharya Swami Paramacharya ji, and declared publicly that Perivaar and Bal Perivaar must abdicate their posts. He even had the temerity to say this publicly. It was the tenacious bhakti of few desolate bhaktas who somehow stalled this menacing of the Acharyas and the Matham, and now the case is coming to its rightful conclusion.
Shri Gurumurthy was facilitated by BJP Think Tank to come to Delhi and make innuendoes against the Acharyas at a public meeting, and telling us to wait for the evidence to be produced in court, because CM Jayalalithaa is a ‘brahmin woman’ and we ‘have to’ trust her. Well we did not trust her, but we did wait, and we can see that case dropping dead day by day, while the Acharyas who stood by are facing a karmic catharsis.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati fell far short of his dharmic duties in this matter. I had a hand in somehow stalling his joining the abdication chorus as convener of Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha – for which I am of course grateful. But it is a sad commentary on the Swami ji that he flew from Australia to attend the wedding to Rajnikanth’s daughter and spoke ill of the Acharyas privately, and would have done damage to the Matham and the Acharyas if he had not been unnerved at the open intervention I initiated via Shri R Venkatanarayanan.
Now that Swami Nityanananda’s indiscretions are being enjoyed by voyeurs across the globe, the Global Foundation for Civilisational Harmony is liable to give an answer to Hindus about what its aims and objectives are.
You can be sure that more prurient videos of the said swami are available in America. This would be true of many other venerables also. The white man does not hand over his women to black Hindu sadhus without an ulterior motive, and this is particularly true of the Jews, who adhere to their faith and culture with utmost tenacity. Only Hindu sadhus are content to wallow in sex and money when they are corrupted – all monotheist clergy and laity are fiercely committed to the political agenda of world dominion and never let it out of their sight.
Globetrotting swamis are the bane of our country, and need to be curbed with a firm hand. Hindu hierarchy needs to allot them a secondary status, and they must no longer presume to speak for Hindu Samaj or Hindu Dharma at the global level. The question of secretly signing ‘binding’ declarations on behalf of Indian Hindus is of course ruled out.
It is my personal but firm conviction that given the unsavoury activities of Swami Nityananda, promoted for proximity to Swami Dayananda Saraswati ji, and the complete failure of Swami Dayananda as HDAS convener to defend Hindu dharma from evangelical assault in the course of his globe-trotting and to defend the Kanchi Acharyas from criminal vilification as part of a global conspiracy against Hindu Dharma, they must walk into the sunset together.
Thus, Swami Dayananda must immediately step down as convener, Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha.
No doubt Global Foundation for Civilisational Harmony will ask its patrons and members to decide the fate of Swami Nityananda, though it is likely that the patrons will scurry away in shock and awe and the enterprise simply fold up. The best laid plans of mice and men…
Namaste and warm regards