“If India cannot articulate a vision about its being one of the poles in a multipolar world, it does not deserve any respect. It deserves – as Obama demonstrated – vague platitudes and a few kebabs and biriyani thrown in. India needs to push itself forward as a future Numero Uno. That will get the world’s attention. Someone begging for admission to the nuclear club or to the UN Security Council won’t get it; when India demonstrates that it will move forward relentlessly without these, they will be offered to it on a platter. It’s like Woody Allen said: he wouldn’t want to be a member of a club that would have him.”
More posts by this author:
- Rajiv Sreenivasan on Rama’s Bridge
- The Impending Nuclear Deal (Indian Politics)
- What more can one pray for?
- Four-year old girl in India claims to be Kalpana Chawla
- Introducing Blogs on The Medha Journal