As I worked through the revival of The Medha Journal, it didn’t seem like a lot of time had passed since we had taken the website down. I know it pained many of you, my dear Medhavis and readers, as it pained me a lot more.
There were many reasons for my taking the website down.
- It was too expensive to run in its previous incarnation.
- The software being used was very complicated and took up too much time to maintain, as well as to ensure prevention of spam, threats of hijacking etc.
- The wind had gone out from my sails, so to speak, and I was focussed more on my sādhanā (spiritual practice).
I looked at the last published article date and it was in December 2013! Almost five years had gone by as I pondered over whether Medha Journal needed a rebirth, and if so, in what incarnation, what would be its mission this time around, and so on and so forth!
Maybe too much water has flowed since December 2013, or maybe nothing has changed at all. I am hoping that with this revival and a new and improved format will drive more participation and exchanges, in the same vein as it had been since it’s inception in 2007.
I know that none of this could have been possible without your patronage and love. Therefore I thank you all, and wish that you provide feedback about what you like about the new incarnation, what you would like to see, etc to me at [email protected].
More posts by this author:
- Introducing Medha Bucks
- A million reasons to thank you all!
- Medhavi Sessions with Eulalio Fabie de Silva (Episode 1)
- Castes of Mind: Colonialism and the Making of Modern India
- Freedom is in letting go!
Dwai is an old soul. He likes to meditate, practice Taijiquan (Tai Chi), play music and write articles and blogs about all the topics that interest him.