1. About the effect of worship of Bhagavan/SadguruWorship is just a means of educating the emotions. Human impulses and emotions have to be guided and controlled. Just as the raging waters of a river have to be curbed by bunds, halted by dams, tamed by canals and led quietly to the ocean, which can swallow all floods without a trace, so too the age long instincts of man have to be trained and transmuted by contact with higher ideals and powers.
2. About the occurrence of detachment
When the fruit is ripe, it will fall off the branch of its own accord. Similarly, when vairaagya (renunciation) saturates your heart, you lose contact with the world and slip into the lap of the Lord.
These two upamas were uses by a Sadguru in 1961, during a discourse to students.
More posts by this author:
- Ramo madhurah Sita madhuraa
- The Ultimate Sacrifice
- A New Triple Eclipse Series on Hand
- Seeing Mother Durga In Agni
- Tagore and Haiku
After R & D and technical management experience of over three decades in petroleum and organic chemical industry, have been devoting the past fifteen years to the study of Tamil and Sanskrit classics, including dharmic works and doing some serious translation work. Have been a significant contributor to the medha journal almost since its inception upto 2013 and expect to continue my association with it.